Procedures to edit our Corporate Report
The basic concept of our CSR as well as material issues to be disclosed as the content of Corporate Report are explained under the titles “Editorial Policy” at page 2, and “CSR management” at page 12 of the “KOKUSAI ELECTRIC Group Corporate Report”. To supplement these, following are a brief description of the procedures to edit our Corporate Report and an explanation on policy regarding the disclosure of CSR Information.
The process to define material topics of our CSR disclosure
KOKUSAI ELECTRIC CORPORATION (the “Company” hereafter) has identified material topics which are stipulated in GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards through following procedures.
- First, we have selected the topics which substantively influence the assessments and decisions of stake holders referring to ESG disclosure standards, evaluation items by ESG evaluation organizations, under advices of an outside consultant.
- Then, we further evaluate those aspects in terms of significance of economic, environmental and social impacts by our business operation.
The procedure to edit “KOKUSAI ELECTRIC Group Corporate Report 2021”
Steps to produce Corporate Report
Our Corporate Report is produced through following steps.
- Contents and the structure of the report are discussed and planned by authors selected from each Departments under an arrangement by the staff of CSR Department.
- The General Manager of CSR and the General Manager of Public Relations & IR instruct the production.
- Galley proofs are reviewed by following points.
- All the author staff in charge and responsible officers of the relevant Departments receive a galley proof and review it.
- Requested by CSR Department, appropriateness as the publication is tested by each Departments in charge, consistency tests of product description are implemented by Departments in charge of environment and quality assurance.
- President and CEO reviews the final galley proof, as well as the results of the assessment and makes the final decision of the publication of the report.
- Japanese edition was publicized by internet in this early December.
- Translation into English and GRI Content Index are produced and publicized in end of December.
The Corporate Report is produced and reviewed by relevant Departments with clear responsibility assignments in accordance with the internally established procedures as described above. We consider, therefore, that the external assurance particularly for non-financial information disclosure of the Company is not necessary at this moment.
Evaluation by entities out of the Company
- We positively response to the inquiry, interview, and other form of research by universities, research institutes, academic laboratories, and consultants, hold dialogues, listen to their suggestions, and refer to them for reviewing our CSR measures.
- In February 2020, we received Environmental Reporting Excellence Award at the "Environmental Communication Awards" sponsored by the Ministry of the Environment and the Global Environmental Forum (GEF).