Procedures to edit our CSR Report
The basic concept of our CSR as well as material issues to be disclosed as the content of CSR Report are explained under the titles “What the Company Considers Important”at page 6, and “Editorial Policy”at page 20 of the KOKUSAI ELECTRIC Group CSR Report. To supplement these, following are a brief description of the procedures to edit our CSR Reports and an explanation on our policy regarding the disclosure of our CSR Information.
The process to define material topics of our CSR disclosure
KOKUSAI ELECTRIC CORPORATION (the “Company” hereafter) has identified material topics which are stipulated in GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards through following procedures.
- First, we have selected the topics which substantively influence the assessments and decisions of stake holders referring to the assessment measures adopted by EICC, SASB, and DJSI, under guidance and suggestions of an outside consultant.
- Then, we further evaluate those aspects in terms of significance of economic, environmental and social impacts by our business operation. Thereby we identified the following two topics as the most significant ones.
- Environment - Emission
- 305-3 : Other indirect (SCOPE 3) Green House Gas (GHG) Emissions
- Social Topics - Occupational Health and Safety
- 403-2 : Types of injury and rates of injury, occupational diseases, lost days, and absenteeism, and number of work-related fatalities
The procedure to edit CSR Reports
Steps to Produce CSR Reports
The CSR Report is produced through following steps:
- The information on GRI Standards is shared, and Contents and the structure of the report are studied, discussed, and planned by the editors’ meeting, which consists of representatives from the business planning division, main supporting divisions, and the group company in Japan under an arrangement by the staff of Human Resources and Corporate Administration Department (“HRCAD” hereafter) and Production Engineering Department.
- Senior Manager of HRCAD and the General Manager of Corporate Management Division instruct the production.
- Galley proofs are reviewed by following points:
- All the staff in charge and responsible officers of the relevant divisions receive a galley proof and review it.
- Requested by HRCAD, appropriateness as the publication is tested by the divisions in charge of business planning, corporate communication, export control, and intellectual property, consistency tests of product description are implemented by departments in charge of environment and quality assurance, and the results of these tests are assessed by the responsible Corporate Vice President and Executive Officer.
- President and Chief Executive Officer reviews the final galley proof, as well as the results of the assessment and makes the final decision of the publication of the report.
- Japanese edition is publicized by internet in July.
- Translation into English and GRI Content Index are produced and publicized in September.
The CSR Report is produced and reviewed by relevant divisions with clear responsibility assignments in accordance with the internally established procedures as described above. We consider, therefore, that the external assurance particularly for non-financial disclosure of the Company is not necessary at this moment.
Evaluation by entities out of the Company
- We positively response to the inquiry, interview, and other form of research by universities, research institutes, academic laboratories, and consultants, hold dialogues, listen to their suggestions, and refer to them for reviewing our CSR measures.
- In November 2018, we applied for the 2018 Environmental Human Resource Development Corporate Awards hosted by Japan’s Ministry of Environment and received an Encouragement Award as the result in March 2019.